Thursday, January 31, 2008

That's MY boy!

We went to MAC (our mom and children group) this morning. We were a little late due to Nehemiah's extreme bedtime behavior. I tell ya', I start that kid out around 8, and it has been past 11 when he has finally settled down to sleep the last 4 nights--Uugh! Anyway, it does mean he sleeps a bit later in the morning. So we got up later, and it took us a little longer to get it together. Then, I had the car warming up and everything ready to go, and I realized I could not find my wallet. Now, if there is one thing I know, it is that if I leave the house without my driver's license, then I am going to get in a wreck or make some bone-head mistake and get pulled over. So, quite frankly, it is not an option. ;)

Eventually I found it, so we made it there, but a little late. And I tell you, I think Nehemiah is an extrovert (taking after his old mom!). He gets mobbed by the other kids. And he just grins and laughs! Everyone (the kids anyway) wants to take turns holding him, or hugging him, or kissing him, or tickling him, and he just eats it all up. It is consistently my favorite experience of the week. I can hardly wait until he can run around and play with everyone. Well, actually, I can. It's quite alright with me that he isn't mobile just yet. That would be exhausting.

Anyway, today was a really busy day, and Nehemiah only got one nap, and then we got back from small group a little before 9. I got him all ready for bed, and though he started to fuss, I was able to keep him calm. Awake, but calm, and so far, I haven't heard anything else! Here's hoping tonight goes better and we get back on our schedule. :)

No comments: