Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Cooking

I meal-planned this week. It is quite the accomplishment, because I haven't done that since we were first married. I have gotten lazy. Ben is hardly home for dinners, and he can bring home leftovers from camp, so I rarely cook. I went to the grocery store with ingredients of actual recipes on my list rather than the usual staples. I made a few meals to keep while Ben was working on homework and Nehemiah was sleeping. I'm not so great at being productive when Nehemiah is awake. He's got that separation anxiety thing going on in spades. We've been working on that, but it means I've been engaging in shorter activities like laundry, and not ones that require multiple steps and close monitoring. I am feeling productive and sleepy--what a nice way to go to bed! Also, I picked up a mini-muffin tin while I was in town today. My mother-in-law and I are going to try to make these really cute puppy cupcakes I found in Parents magazine. I'll have to post a picture after we make them. :)

No comments: