Sunday, January 13, 2008

My Best Friend is...

Gatorade! I was silly, and didn't stay nearly hydrated enough today, and sometimes when that happens to me, I can drink as much water as I can stomach, and it does nothing to catch up until I have Gatorade. The electrolyte boost helps me feel better almost instantaneously-yay! I say this because I had a screamer of a headache when I got home tonight, and I was feeling faint and pukey, the whole nine yards. I took some Tylenol and drank water, before putting Nehemiah to bed, and I expected it to work. No dice. I had a container of Gatorade, and within minutes I was perking up--hooray!

I had a great day today. We missed church, which, other than the extra sleep I got from the alarm clock volume being turned down, was not part of it. I like church, and I was bummed to miss it! But other than that, our friends Susan and Aaron came over so that Ben and Aaron could play video games when Ben finished his homework, and Susan and I could go shopping for her last-minute baby needs. She is due before the end of the month. In fact, the next time we see them, they will probably have a baby! More babies is a good thing.

Then when we got home, Ben, Nehemiah, and I went and picked up ice cream for a night with the Normans. It was too fun! We had some super yummy chocolate cake that Sarah made to go with the ice cream, and then we played all of the new Wii games we got between us for Christmas. Hunter and Tate, the Norman boys, were cute with Nehemiah. Tate wanted to snuggle with him, and they both wanted to play with him. He was squealing in delight, and laughing and jumping excitedly. He is getting to a really fun age, where you can start to see his happy little, social personality coming out, and I love it!

Anyway, we had a blast, and now it is time for all of God's children to go to bed. I shall sleep hard and fast--hopefully you will too.

No comments: