Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Dead End

Does anyone have any suggestions on bedtime for a 7 month old? It seems to be taking longer and longer to get Nehemiah to sleep. He starts shrieking shrilly whenever I put him in his crib and leave the room. It is really cutting into marriage time not to mention wearing me out! I have a tough time handling over an hour of crying with interrupted times of comforting. :( I just want him to sleep and sleep well! We have a bit of a routine, wherein I change his diaper and put on his pjs, plug in his night light, turn off his room light, swaddle him up, nurse him while singing two songs, and then saying bedtime prayers. When he seems asleep and finished eating, I put him in his crib and head out. I'm not really sure what else to try. Oh, here's a cute picture of he and his favorite lovey all swaddled up for naptime :)

2 comments:

Zoe said...

No idea about bedtime, but that picture is soooo cute!

brentandsarah said...

Erin,
That is a hard one, huh? I think you are doing everything right, he can't be hungry or wet. I have some friends that had to let their girl cry it out for 45 mins every night, so it happens. I would say to just keep on letting him cry it out and hope that it is just a phase. They say once they are past two months to let them cry it out. It is worse for the mommy's than anything! I've been having to let Tate cry it out at naptime, he has been resisting, but he needs it(and I do, too) Hope to see you at MAC tomorrow!

Love,
Sarah