Sunday, February 10, 2008

Mmm...Chocolate

Anyone who knows me will attest to the fact that I am a chocolate lover. 3:00pm is like the chocolate witching hour for me. I will scrounge all around my house looking for vestiges of the stuff. Which, I might add, is getting more and more difficult as I purge my house of all things chocolate except for Nesquick (I will NOT give up my chocolate milk--good calcium and all) and Dutch Cocoa for baking. I am on this chocolate purge for my New Year's resolution of living healthier, BUT every once in awhile it is really nice to cheat! Especially as Valentine's approaches. So, Ben took me to our favorite local purveyor of fine chocolates today (up here they are only open on Sunday for shoppers from the BIG city), AND they were having a sale! 1 lb. for the price of 1/2 lb.!

I chose my goods, carefully selecting what I thought was a half a pound each of my two favorite types of malted milk balls--sadly, my favorites, the truffles were not a part of the sale. Anyway, there were other things to be purchased for some cupcakes I am making this week, and a baby to care for, so I wasn't watching very carefully. When we got in the car, I thought I'd sneak an early taste of my yummies, and that's when I discovered that the "diet gods" are against me! The clerk misunderstood me and only bagged up a half pound total! Ah well, it's probably for the best--half a pound is better than no pounds at all! ;)

2 comments:

Sarah said...

mmmm.... now i'm craving chocolate.

brentandsarah said...

Thanks Erin, now all I can think about is truffles and chocolates;) What store did you go to?