Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Ben's Birthday

Yesterday was Ben's GOLDEN birthday. We had a great time going out to eat with some friends. The night before was good too.

We celebrated with Ben's parents.


Ben made a kickin' turkey--he is quite the roasting pro these days. My tasks were to clean the house, make the cornbread, and then the stuffing out of it, and to take care of the cake.

The same guy who wanted to roast his own turkey for his birthday wanted a Funfetti Cake. From a mix. With Rainbow Chip frosting. From a jar.


I thought that was pretty funny since I've been on a bit of a baking kick lately. But it was easy enough. I didn't want to just make the mix, so I made some cream cheese filling. It was a good surprise! I'm glad it turned out, because I just kind of winged it (is that proper phraseology?).

Then, we all got gifts. :) Ben got the birthday gifts, Nehemiah got a sweater and pair of forest green cords for next fall, and I got 2 sets of these cute
little cupcake holders called Silly feet (they are made by Wilton). It was a nice treat.

1 comment:

brentandsarah said...

Tell Ben happy (belated) birthday from the Normans! And I just can't wait to eat the yummy cupcakes you'll make in those cool cupcake holders!!! See you tomorrow!

Sarah