Tuesday, February 19, 2008

I'm a sucker

For itty-bitty babies! I went to the Family Birthplace today to see my friends and their brand new baby girl--she is too adorable!!! Unfortunately my buddy had a really rough delivery and lost a lot of blood, so she was sleeping deeply to recover, and we didn't get to chat. I may make it back up there before she is discharged...we'll see.

We did, however, get to talk to the proud daddy, and he was, shall we say, in deep smit! Their daughter is beautiful, expressive, and attentive (at least through the nursery window). She seems like she is doing so well for being nearly a month early. What a blessing!

It was fun to be back where Nehemiah was born. One of our favorite nurses recognized us right away--pretty impressive 7 and 1/2 months later. I think I'll see if I can put in a request for her, Mary, next time. I'm not sure if that is possible, but if it is, then we're going to give it a shot. She is amazing!

Then we went out for a quick and cheap meal with our friends Dan and Megan.

It seemed like a good night for a Wal*Mart mullet hunt--since we both had our cameras along, but we were sadly mistaken. Apparently the mulleted were wiser than we who were at Wal*Mart in sub zero temperatures. We saw nary a one--save the green Irish Mullet wig for $4.96. Tempting? You bet! But not quite tempting enough-sad to say. :)

And with that lovely vision...I leave you.

No comments: