Thursday, February 28, 2008

Blessed by Service

God has presented me with an opportunity to serve. That, I think, will be a good thing for me. It is nice to feel needed while filling a need.

I accepted a Nursery Coordinator position for our church's addiction recovery program on Friday nights. I decided to take the position for a variety of reasons, and the more I think about it, the more excited I am.

I have that latent teacher part of me that wants to express itself in a productive way, and there are a few elementary schoolers that come to the program. I am thinking of some fun activities to plan for different times of the year. All of the things you want to do when you are teaching, but important things, like curriculum, get in the way. The things that let kids create and be children. And I am glad that it doesn't come with a ton of expectation except for consistency, because then there isn't the stress and pressure of having to be creative and prepared. There is no set program per se. So I can do it when I have time and the desire, otherwise, we can have a popcorn and movie night. :)

I like hanging out with kids, and since Nehemiah can be with me, I think it will be a good deal. :) Wish me luck, and if you find any cool kid's projects that aren't too involved, pass them my way!

No comments: