Saturday, December 8, 2007

Who are you foolin'?

All in all, today was a good day. Lazy days usually are. :) We all caught a morning nap, which is a lovely way to start off the weekend! Then we kind of hung out and talked to my parents on Skype with our webcam. After Nehemiah woke up from his afternoon nap, we took off for Pot Roast at my in-laws house. It was yummy stuff! We hung out until Miah was beyond tired, and then decided we'd better head. He conked out immediately!

It's great for kids to sleep in the car and all, but when it is only for 20 minutes, it turns into a powernap! He was uber exhausted, and then I got him out of his carseat and home, and BAM! Wide awake. We went through the bedtime routine, and we were getting close to the putting the baby in the crib part of it, when Nehemiah popped his head up and looked at me alertly with a look that said, "Just what are you trying to pull here Mommy? I am wide awake, and there is no way you are fooling me into going to bed now!" I wish you could have seen this look! It was so cute, and the timing was perfect. It just made me giggle. And that is saying something, because part of the magic of the bedtime routine is that at that point there is absolutely NO more noise making (talking, giggling, coughing, you get the picture) or I am convinced that Nehemiah figures it is time to wake up. But there are some times that you just have to laugh. I decided that since he wasn't upset, and I knew that he was tired in there somewhere, and he wasn't hungry, that I would put him to bed anyway. I listened to him talk to his ceiling fan for awhile. I tell you, that happy baby talk will just about melt a mommy's heart! And about 20 minutes later, he was out. Yay!

Ben is working on finance homework--oh joy, oh bliss. Did you note the sarcasm? I hope he isn't long though, because he is in our room with the laptop, and I hear my pillow calling my name. Wait, what's that? Oh, it's just getting louder.

Nighty night!

No comments: