Monday, December 10, 2007

Glorious shopping

Do you know what the best kind of shopping is? Free shopping! With cheap shopping a close second. We got a "Get $10 off" a $10 or more purchase at JC Penney's that we used today. We got Nehemiah 2 pairs of pjs for a whopping 6 bucks! :) Then I found a few things at Kohl's; none of which was over $4, and a pair of pjs and slippers under $5 apiece at Target. Nehemiah is now outfitted for our trip to see the grandparents (er, I mean, my family). It's a good thing that stores have clearance racks, sales, and coupons, because this kiddo is growing twice as fast as we expected him to, and we are always in need of the next size up! Which will be 18 months. I mean come on, he is 5 months old! Who would have guessed?!

I was getting cabin fever, so it was very kind of my husband to head to the "big city" and go shopping with me. It is so much easier with Ben along. I'm not nearly as uptight if Nehemiah starts fussing, because then there is a parent to do the shopping and a parent to do the soothing.
I also got some fun materials to make a few baby shower gifts--I hope I can pull them off. Sewing is not particularly my strong suit, but it will be a very easy project.

After our trip, Ben had a VFW Executive Board (yes, you read that right) meeting that was supposed to last about an hour and a half and was half way home from the city to our house. So, he dropped me off to visit with Megan and Elena. We had yummy pizza and pound cake for dinner, and some enjoyable mommy-baby time. It was nice for Nehemiah to get to stretch out and giggle and play for a little while. Ben's meeting ended early, and he came back telling tales of a grumpy and confused guy (who isn't usually that way), and an offer to be a committee chair for the State VFW Commander. That could be fun, because we'll get to tag along to some of the regional meetings and such. Mostly it is a question of whether or not Ben has the time with work and school. I guess we'll see how that one goes.

All in all, it has been a fun few days.

Last night we went to a Christmas party hosted by our friends, Brent and Sarah. It was an adults only party other than Nehemiah, and there were lots of yummy things to eat. Sarah, who is entering her 3rd trimester, spent a ton of time making all kinds of new treats. I tell you; I don't think I would have been that ambitious at that stage in my pregnancy, but it was SO worth it (for me, I mean--duh, I didn't have to do any of the heavy lifting)! It is nice to get out and have some adult time every now and then. Definitely appreciated!

Blast! It is getting to that time again...the, "let's freeze out the blogger" time of night when the programmable thermostat kicks me out of the living room, and off to bed and the comfort of my blankets and snuggle buddy!

1 comment:

brentandsarah said...

Don't you just love a good bargin?! I can't wait to use my JC Penny coupon. And Kohls is the best for good deals. We should go shopping together sometime!