Saturday, April 12, 2008

S.A.D?

Seasonal Affective Disorder (I think that's what it is called) seems to be catching around here lately!

As a Colorado native who is accustomed to over 300 days with sun in them a year, it is a big adjustment. Even bigger than living in WA State. The difference for me is that everything was green, lush, and alive there, and here, I haven't seen green grass in well over 6 months. Uugh!

I have one friend who was on her way into town to get Vitamin D, one friend who is tanning, one friend who is on her way to the doctor, and me. My counselor recently suggested getting a sun lamp.

Yikes! It's an epidemic! Pray that God sends the sun, and pronto! Otherwise we are going to have a bunch of grumpy mommas for a long time. And you know what they say..."If Mama ain't happy, ain't nobody happy!

1 comment:

Peter said...

Hey - if you end up going with the sun lamp, please let me know about it. Do you think it helps? Where do you find one? What does one look for in a sun lamp?

I have thought about getting one for myself over the past several winters. I seem to get so sluggish in the winter - not wanting to do anything and having trouble (more than at other times) getting out of bed. As we loose the daylight, I let our house get dirtier and messier, not having the energy to do much more than laundry and dishes many weeks.

In the meantime, I am praying for sun for you all.

Andrea