Thursday, April 10, 2008

Peace Pipe

When I first met Ben in college, he used to smoke a pipe on occasion. He said it was part of his quest to enjoy the delights of being an old man throughout his life. I remember one day when I came out of my dorm room and knew he had a big test he was about to go to...I saw him leaned up against a wall puffing away like Sherlock Holmes on a case. I am not really into smoking, mostly because it makes me sick, but I thought it was really cute. It must be love, eh?

Well, we went out with some fun new friends tonight and Ben thinks that when the guy gets together for a fooseball night with some buddies that they may smoke cigars. He was a little excited, because I bet it has been well over a year since the last time he has done anything like that, and he prefers to do it socially.

It got us to talking, and I decided the pipe may make a comeback...especially if I'm not around. I mean it is reusable. The ultimate in green indulgences, right? Surely if you cloth diaper and smoke, it only makes sense to go with the pipe! Ha!

What random thoughts on the eve of another blizzard.

1 comment:

brentandsarah said...

does Ben like to smoke a pipe just b/c Richard from Friends does??? ;) How you likin this snow???

Sarah