Friday, April 11, 2008

Good friends

Do you ever find that you take on mannerisms of your close friends?

Today Ben and I ventured out and there was a robin in the middle of the highway who would not move. Ben eventually honked at him to get him moving. At times like these I imagine what might be going through the bird's brain.

Immediately the Robin thought he was a chicken and had a distinct Mexican accent. He was playing chicken and was going to win no matter what. I had the voice down! When I finished my little imaginary charade, Ben and I were laughing (probably one of those had to be there moments). I sounded just like one of our great friends from our time in the military out in WA. John Tafoya has the best "fake Mexican with an attitude" accent. I ended up sounding similar and it was too funny.

There are those people in your life that you will never forget. The same type of people that you may not talk to or see often, but when you do, there are no hard feelings and you pick up right where you left off. The Tafoyas are that for us. Boy do I miss them! ;)

No comments: