Monday, June 9, 2008

Whoa--a pregnant man

I don't really know how to phrase how I feel about this; I feel sort of offended and shocked all at once. I wanted to watch Oprah and see the scoop--though I do believe she puts a certain spin on stories (sometime one I agree with and sometimes not). The story is here.

I feel that Thomas means well (though is very confused), but this is wrong on so many levels to me. Two of his neighbors were on Oprah to show their support, and George, the man, said that it was "sexually dyslexic" for him. I believe that God has endowed us with those gut reactions for a reason. It is obviously not natural, and we would be foolish to gloss over that and explain it away.

Please share what you think; I'm intrigued to hear what you have to say.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree... but, he was a woman for the first twenty-something years of life. Therefore, it's just a woman who had her breasts removed and took testosterone (he still had female parts). To sum it up: woman dressed as man has baby- end of story. This should never have made the news. Just my thoughts, you don't have to publish this. :) ~April

felicitouschick said...

I decided to publish this comment, because I think it gives good perspective. Thanks April! :) It is odd to me that he is legally a man though. I didn't realize that complications that could come with sex changes and marriage! I guess I haven't spent that much time thinking about it.

felicitouschick said...

I decided to publish this comment, because I think it gives good perspective. Thanks April! :) It is odd to me that he is legally a man though. I didn't realize that complications that could come with sex changes and marriage! I guess I haven't spent that much time thinking about it.

Anonymous said...

I read as much as I could about this "guy" when I heard about it about a month ago. And I don't believe that he should of used his women parts to create such an environment for their child. How will they explain to their kid that not only is daddy really a women, but daddy had you in him instead of mommy. that would create a huge psychologist bill in the future if you ask me. I would be messed up for life knowing that it was backwards. I find it wrong. I just think that God gave us this amazing gift and now that this "man" decided that he made the wrong decision in becoming what he believed he was and now is going back on it...I just don't think it's right. but now I'll step down from my soap box.