Monday, June 30, 2008

Nature shots!

I really enjoy the natural aspect of living where I do. I saw this neat guy (a Great Blue Heron) less than a mile from my house, on our way home from the beach, and I had to stop and say hi!


My love for identifying and looking for natural wonders comes in large part from my good friend Lisa. When Ben and I lived in WA, Lisa was my near constant companion, and she is a wildlife biologist. I've never quite looked at things the same. I have so much wonder at God's Creation now--never pass those moments by if you can help it!

I think one of the most valuable things I learned was that Lisa didn't know everything (most of her training was in Colorado type plants and animals, and they are vastly different), but she knew how to find out almost anything--quickly too! I am empowered by watching her gather information--and now, I'm hooked! Love ya, L!

No comments: