Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Plumbing gods

So my grandfather is a Grand Master Plumber. And we had a bathtub backup the size of oh-i-don't know, Crater Lake?! Anyway, it turns out Nehemiah stuck a lid from my face wash down the drain pipe during my shower--uugh! We were going to try the cure-all Liquid Plumber, but I thought I'd call my Papa first just in case. Good thing too! He told us to try to bend a coat hanger and get it out, or get a small pipe snake, as a 2nd alternative. The Liquid Plumber was likely to get stuck, not melt the plastic, and then burn Ben when he tried anything else...yikes!

The hanger did the trick, especially when Ben also used the pliers on this Leatherman for leverage, and in short time too! What a blessing. Sometimes God gives you just what you need, when you need it. :) And that includes a loving (though far away) grandpa, as well as a husband with magnificent patience with his wife and mischievous child!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ahh! I am so glad that getting the drain unclogged went quickly!! It's a good thing!