Friday, May 9, 2008

'Ello Gov'na

Today was fishing opener's kick-off here. The Governor came to celebrate. Ben and I really like our governor, and it was exciting when Ben was asked to be part of the Color Guard and 21-gun salute that his VFW Post performed. It was a beautiful afternoon and a privilege to be a part of the festivities.
I have always been a patriotic old soul, but anything that has to do with Ben's military service about makes me bust my buttons in pride.
Family Photo-Op
Ben is the youngest guy up there, with the shiniest boots. ;) He's just to the right of the Veteran's flag.
After Ben finished today, we were blessed to get our picture taken with the governor. I wish we'd looked better as a family, but the governor is a busy guy, so you can't keep shooting to get the best possible shot for one's blog. ;)

No comments: