Sunday, February 15, 2009

Some true Valentine's Lovin'

Yesterday I was having a great conversation with friends about the difference between religion for the sake of religion, and religion as an outpouring of love from our Lord, who is indeed Love. I knew what I wanted to say, and how I felt, but I was having a difficult time articulating it! Anyway, I was on my cyber-friend Sarah's blog, and she had a twitter update that linked to an article that articulated it! How timely! I particularly found this quote to pertain to our conversation:

Before: Tough Love is withholding Love from others as a means of disapproval or attempt to bring change.
Now: Tough Love is Loving others without condition, regardless of the result.
The rest of the article is wonderful! If you're interested, please head over here and read it!

Hope you had a great V-Day!

We did! Ben made a yummy Coffee Cake for breakfast, took me to lunch, and grilled pork chops and potatoes for dinner on the 13th which is when we technically celebrated. Last night he was cooking the Sweetheart's dinner out at camp for the Valentine's Retreat. I got a day out with friends, and then when he came home, we watched So I Married an Axe Murderer, an ate Strawberry Ice Cream with a few Trader Joe's Dark Chocolate French Truffles mixed in! Talk about indulgent!

No comments: