Thursday, October 2, 2008

Happenings

Today is my mom's birthday...HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOM!!!! I love you!

I also got to get out and see some friends at the weekly mother's and children's meeting at our church, which was nice and needed. And then I had a WIC appointment.

The nurses at our clinic are lovely ladies, and they were very concerned for me today. They thought I looked ghostly pale standing up and would only allow me to carry Nehemiah or my diaper bag, not both. They followed me around..even out to my car with whichever I wasn't hauling around at the time. They told me to call the doctor as soon as I got home this afternoon and to make an appointment. I was surprised. There have been several people comment on how pale and not well I look lately, but to have 2 nurses hemming and hawing over me made me think that maybe I'm not crazy and that there is more to this whole exhaustion after the wreck thing. Anyway, I called my OB nurse and they have an appointment scheduled for tomorrow morning. I'd really like to get to the bottom of whatever is going on so that I can get back to living life!

One of my friends came over for lunch and brought her little girl. She graciously did some dishes and swept my kitchen for me while I played with her baby. And then tonight, we had small group.

When we got home, a lovely thing happened. Ben put Nehemiah to bed entirely! It is the first time that I have not nursed Nehemiah and then put him to sleep. Ben read and gave him a bottle. Nursing has been much less comfortable now that I am pregnant, so I think even though it is a little sad that my baby is growing up, it will be a good thing for all involved for him to wean. Nehemiah didn't make a sound and went to bed peacefully. Yeehaw!

Thank you all for your prayers and sweet comments! I don't want to be too whiny on here, because in the midst of all this, there is still a lot of joy in my life.

--Speaking of joy, Nehemiah is starting to verbalize actual words these days...he says "Mo" while signing more, he can say No, Mama, Daddy, and today at lunch, when I handed him his cheese, he started grinning and saying "Chee, chee, chee;" so cute. When he had cheese at dinner, he started making the ending sound...zzz, zzz, zzz. Now if he can just put them together!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the update. Any word from the OB appointment? What about Nehemiah - has his pimple/rash/infection/whatever cleared up?

Reading your food ideas for a shower left me hungry. They sound good. Thanks for sharing.

Andrea