Tuesday, January 20, 2009

I missed it!

It completely skipped my mind that today was inauguration day. I realized it when I caught sight of the news this evening.

Later, I was doing some devotional reading and happened upon the following quotes in reference to some of Israels' kings in the book of Isaiah. I have to say that I find it appropriate in the light of some of the extreme attitudes some people have regarding President Obama. He's on such a pedestal that I feel bad for him; no man should be seen as a Savior. This is what I read:

"No earthly leader is incapable of misleading...We need more than a leader on our road to freedom. We need a Savior--One who keeps on saving. Although we need to be saved from eternal separation from God only once, Christ continues his saving work in us for the rest of our lives...Christ sets us free by the power of His Spirit; then He maintains our freedom as we learn to live from day-to-day in the power of His free Spirit."
--Breaking Free: Discover the Victory of Total Surrender by Beth Moore

No comments: