Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Veteran's Day

I am not so far removed from being a military wife that I don't remember what it is like. I hope I never forget. There is so much sacrifice and faith required of both servicemen and their families.

So I'd like to say thank you to those who do serve and who have served. I would like to thank my husband and the men of the 2nd Battalion of the 75th Ranger Regiment. I would like to remember departed friends and comrades, Sgts. Blessing and Tillman, and others we know who came back with serious injuries (physical and mental/emotional). Please pray for these brave men who are willing to make the ultimate sacrifice, and for the friends and family that back them up. Every soldier who has served in a war zone is still living with consequences resulting from their service to some extent.

Thank a veteran; don't let this opportunity pass you by!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Give Ben a hug from me and tell him Thank You from the Hokanson's. Hope you all are doing well :) ~April