Sunday, April 26, 2009

Yippee!

Today is a momentous day for our family! My husband served in the 2nd Battalion of the 75th Ranger Regiment in the Army almost 4 years ago now. He had a total of 4 years of Active Duty service, 2 of which were the first 2 years of our marriage. I am so proud of his service to his country, and glad that he was able to do it. There were struggles, but I wouldn't trade that time now. That said, today marks the end of his Inactive Reserve commitment to the Army. This means that they cannot send him a letter in the mail at any time to ask him to come back and fight. For me, 4 deployments to both theaters of war was enough. We knew it was unlikely he would ever be called back, but the possibility is still daunting; especially when our life is so different now than it was then!

These two will be especially happy to never have to go through a deployment (Lord willing)!




Rejoice with us!

2 comments:

DeeDee said...

Terrific news, and I am sure those beautiful kiddos will appreciate both what their Dad has done and that he won't be going back! :)

Laci said...

That is great! I can't wait for that day of relief myself!